One Night Only

 


One Night Only by G.P. Ritchie

22nd - 29th September

Genre: Crime / Horror / Speculative


Trigger warning: this book contains disturbing horror content. 




Review: 

The blurb of this book had me intrigued. I’m not normally one for horror and gore but it really caught my attention so I took a chance. 

The chance was definitely worth it. The level of horror and gore was not as much as I had anticipated but that said there is a definite element so bare that in mind. 

It took me a while to get in to the book. There are several plays running alongside each other and initially I found it difficult to keep track. As the story progressed the plots started to link and as the connections are made things all fell into place for me. 

I really enjoyed this book as I got more and more in to the plot I found it harder and harder to put down. 

Looking forward to reading more from this author. 


Blurb 

Life is precious. That’s why they take it.


As a boy, Andy Lorimar loved puzzles, but one he didn’t solve destroyed his childhood. It would have taken his future too, if he hadn’t found stability within the police service. Now a long-serving Edinburgh detective, he’s built a solitary existence following evidence to find the truth.


After the horrific murder of a city councillor and the disappearance of a council employee, the trail of evidence points towards political corruption. But Andy suspects there may be another path to uncover, a shadow-maze stretching back years into darkness. A path that strays uncomfortably close to a woman who hears the voices of the dead.

Comments