Love Letters on Hazel Lane


 Love Letters On Hazel Lane 

By Jennifer Page 


Review: 

If I had to sum up this book in three words I would go for: 

Strong (7), surprising (13), captivating (19)


Trigger warning: there is reference to a previous marriage that was coercive which has a central part of the main characters story line.


I thoroughly enjoyed this book - I have not read the first book by Jennifer but am keen to catch up. Jo is a very relatable character - she has been through tough times and I felt like I understood her anxiety and self consciousness. She was someone that normal people could believe in. 


It was a great start to my 2024 reading. There was plenty to keep me reading and just when I thought things were settling down and working out another problem would raise its head and everything I wanted for Jo would come in to question. There was a perfect balance of hope and heartache throughout to build suspense.

I’ve never been good with spelling and scrabble is a game that feels very out of my depth but I loved that Jo is always working out scores for words as she thinks. It made me smile each time. 


If you are looking for a new read to help you feel good in these new year blues the head down to Hazel Lane. 



Book info: 

Love Letters on Hazel Lane

Scrabble fan Jo always seems to pick the wrong guys. Now she’s moved to the Yorkshire village of Hebbleswick, and decided to give dating one last chance. This time, there’s a catch: she will only date men whose names would score highly in her beloved word game.

After Tarquin (16 points) proves just as disappointing as the rest, she meets low-scoring local doctor Ras (3 points). Her rules mean she can’t date him – but when he asks her to organise a Scrabble festival with him, she can’t say no.

As the event draws nearer and Jo and Ras grow closer, will Jo ignore her rule and let true love blossom over the triple letter scores?


Purchase Link - https://amzn.eu/d/buZJ9yb

 


Author Bio:

Jennifer Page wrote her first novel – a book about ponies – when she was eight. These days she prefers to write romance. When she isn't writing, Jennifer can usually be found playing board games which are the inspiration for her first novel. She has worked as a television producer, a music teacher and has even run a children's opera company. She now lives near Hebden Bridge in West Yorkshire with her husband and his large collection of games.


Social Media Links –

https://jenniferpage.co.uk/ 

https://twitter.com/jenpagewrites

https://www.facebook.com/JenniferPagewrites/

https://www.instagram.com/jenniferpagewrites/

Comments