Lilly and Myles - The Torch

 


Lilly and Myles: The Torch 

By: JON ROBERTS AND HANNAH ROUNDING

Genre: Children’s picture book, autism awareness

Age:  5-7 

Pages: 36


Review: 

I am already a huge fan of Jon’s books. They are well loved in our house and I’ve donated them in both English and Welsh to my own school and Little Bookworms. When I saw an opportunity to review this latest title I jumped at it. 


I was not disappointed!!! 

This is yet another wonderful book from Jon that helps children to understand autism and the way that it affects different people. 


It can be really difficult to explain autism to young children. But when you find the right way children are extremely understanding and accepting of others and their differences (often only really noticing the way they are the same) children see difference differently. 


Lilly and Myles are a perfect introduction. This is a book that children can relate to - and will help them to understand the actions and behaviours of their friends and peers who are autistic. 


Lilly has a wonderful sense of adventure - but sometimes her senses can become overwhelmed. Myles her assistance dog is there to help and support her along the way. 


Perfect for opening up discussion and building empathy - this is definitely a book that should be in every primary school. My copy will be heading in to mine after the holiday for sure. 


I would love to see more books in this series - fingers crossed. 



Buy Links

https://graffeg.com/collections/lilly-and-myles/products/lilly-myles-the-torch


https://amzn.to/42Ur4Fg

Comments