Miss Blaine’s Prefect and The Golden Samovar (audiobook)

 


Miss Blaine’s Prefect and The Golden Samovar  (audiobook) 

By Olga Wojtas 




I took a chance on this book - I’m not normally one for time travel in books but I do love a cosy crime mystery. 


I’m so glad that I did because I absolutely loved every second of the story and now really want to listen to the rest of the series. 


Olga (who both wrote and narrated the book) is so fantastic - clearly a talent with words and her voice when narrating was so easy to listen to. 


The loved the main character Shona because she is so self assured but at the same time so oblivious to what is going on. There is a fantastic amount of subtle sarcasm within the story and the way she tries to educate the people she encounters with modern thinking had me in stitches at times. 


The servant that helps her on her way was another reason I loved this book. He was so loveable and so dedicated to Shona. 


If you are looking for an audiobook that is lighthearted and will make you smile then this is one for you. Even with a bit of murder there is humour and hope wherever Shone goes. She is not giving up and neither should anyone else.


Thank you for letting me be part of the tour.

Comments