The Dying Season (audiobook)



 The Dying Season (audiobook) 

By: Rachel Amphlett 

Narrated by: Alison Campbell 


This is book from the Detective Kay Hunter series. I have not read any of the other books but this worked really well as a standalone. 


The story started at an easy pace - building the background to the story. Things quickly start to build and the plot rapidly becomes more detailed. There were several elements of the plot that I wasn’t expecting. Least of all the build up to the end which I found quite emotional. The rest of the story could be a real case but is safe in the territory of fiction. The reality of what officers go through hit home. 


There are several suspects that intertwined- some lead you nowhere others closer to the final answer. All add something to the story though (it never felt like it was being dragged out) There’s plenty to keep you guessing and playing detective yourself. 


The narrator was easy to listen to. Clear speech and a good rhythm and pace that kept the story moving along. This is always so important with an audiobook - I will be looking for other books by this narrator (Alison Campbell) as I really enjoyed the style. 


If you are looking for a new crime book then I would definitely recommend this. I am certainly going to be getting more from this author.  



Comments

Post a Comment