Skip to main content

Top Audiobooks of 2022

Audiobook Round Up 

 Audiobook Round Up 

This year I started listening to audiobooks for the first time. They have transformed my commute to work and lead to a much more relaxing time. Even better when things have got too much with tiredness and illness and I can’t focus on reading a book - I no longer miss out as I can listen instead. 

Here in no particular order is my top audiobooks that I have listened to in 2022: 

Daisy Darker 

By Alice Feeney 

Narrated by: Stephanie Racine 


3 Words: gripping, mystery, surprise 

Mini Review: 

I really enjoyed this book - it was very well narrated. The narrator was clear and the speed was well balanced. 

The book definitely took me by surprise - There we’re plenty of characters who I thought were responsible but I was still kept guessing. 

There were interesting twists and I liked the flash backs mixed in with the present. It added depth to the story and the characters. 

This is the first book I have read/listened to from the author and I am now keen to try others.

The Wednesday Morning Wild Swim 

By Jules Wake

Narrated by: Laura Brydon



3 Words: funny, motivational, heartfelt 

Mini Review:

This book was a wonderfully lighthearted, feel good read. There were some more serious elements in the reasons that each person swam but these were addressed with sensitivity and still maintaining the overall lightness of the story. 

A welcome distraction from the stress of the world. 

The narrator was excellent- her voice was clear and she was very easy to listen to.

The House Sitter

By Ellery Kane

Narrated by: Kristin James



3 Words: suspense, flashbacks, revenge

Mini Review:

This story had a gripping plot, well written characters and an excellent narrator. 

I thoroughly enjoyed this book - the way that different characters stories intertwined, the use of different time frames to build up the back story and current events. These followed well and were not over used in a way that made them confusing. 

The plot is very clever - I definitely thought it was going to go in a different direction at the start and the end. Always the sign of good writing when you can’t fully work things out but you have enough of an idea to guess and not be frustrated. 

The narrator was easy to listen to and very clear.

A Good Girls Guide To Murder

By Holly Jackson

Narrated by: Luke PoliKristin AthertonClare CorbettJot DaviesMaryam Grace


3 Words: mystery, danger, heart

Mini Review: I thoroughly enjoyed this book - it was a gripping tale and there was a good balance between tension and humour. I found Pip and Ravi believable as characters. The plot was a good one with enough twists and red herrings to keep you guessing.

This is the first book in a series which follows Pip as she goes on to investigate more cases and also finds herself in extreme danger on the way. But will the ghosts of her past always be there?

I highly recommend all of these books!

Trigger warnings: abduction, murder, wrongful conviction, dug addiction.


The Cousins

By Karen M McManus



3 Words: family, suspense, flashbacks

Mini Review:

I really enjoyed this book and am looking forward to reading more by this author. 

I had no idea of the plot twist that would be thrown at me. And it was a fantastic one. 

The characters were very well written and I really felt like I knew them as the story progressed.

A Three Dog Problem

By S J Bennett

  • Narrated by: Samantha Bond



3 Words: heart, mystery, humour

Mini Review:This is the second book in the Her Majesty’s series Investigates series. It is written with heart and warmth and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Aided once more by Rosie her APS. Her Majesty the Queen sets out to solve a murder whilst ensuring that she gets none of the credit.

Sometimes I Lie

By Alice Feeney

  • Narrated by: Stephanie Racine


3 Words: dark,thriller, family

Mini Review:This is a book full of suspense, twists and dramatic reveals. The use of diary entries as flash backs is a fantastic addition to the story. Throughout the book I found myself switching my allegiance between the characters as new information came to light, only to the hear something which changed my mind again. A brilliantly written and narrated thriller.


The Christmas Train

By David Baldacci

Narrated by:Tim Matheson



3 Words: Christmas, romance, comedy

Mini Review:I loved this book - it was just the perfect feel good Christmas romance with an added element of mystery and surprise. The characters were likeable and I quickly became invested in them. The ending was definitely a twist I didn’t see coming but made the story all the more lovely. Definitely one for your feel good list.


The Christmas Murder Game

By Alexandra Benedict

Narrated by: Laura Costello



3 Words: family, secrets, suspense

Mini Review: I really enjoyed this story - the element of solving problems was great. And I loved the concept of a sort of locked room that wasn’t locked situation. Love, family, Murder and Christmas - a brilliant combination and so well written - this one was on my TBR since January but I wanted to wait until the festive season. It was worth the wait but can be thoroughly enjoyed at anytime of year!

What I Hid From You

By Heleen Kist

Narrated by: Kat Harrison



3 Words: family, secrets, suspense

Mini Review:We all have secrets - but how far would you go to keep them and protect your loved ones? This is a gripping psychological thriller that keeps you on the edge of your seat throughout. Unsure what will happen next and where the lies will take the characters. The main character’s lie intertwines with those of other family in a way that is subtle and hidden from the other. This adds a greater depth to the story. I liked the references to real life issues such as the postal scandal where post office masters were wrongly accused of fraud. It added a credibility to the story of the main character and a sense of urgency to her situation. If the innocent could get caught what might happen to her? The narrator was excellent- the book was read with clarity and expression - each character having their own unique twist on tone and expression. It was so easy to listen to - a real pleasure

Comments