Hound on a Scrounge


 Hound on a Scrounge 

By Maria Bucci

Illustrated by Martynas Marchiusm


Review: 

We love an interactive book - they are such a fun way to engage little ones with stories. And Hound on a Scrounge has the added bonus of containing factual information as well. Learning through play and books - what more could you want for your early years setting?


If you (or your little ones) love an afternoon tea as much as I do then this is the book for you. I didn’t actually know how afternoon tea came to be and was pleasantly surprised when this book gave me those facts. 


Little Bookworm enjoyed being a dog - puppy dog eyes are something we do not need to work on. The easy tone of the writing makes it perfect as Buddy speaks directly to the young reader - helping them get hold of some tasty treats whilst guiding them on how to behave. 


Definitely a book I will be putting out in the class library and one I’m sure will be very popular.


Blurb - Hound on a Scrounge

“Sniff, Snuffle, Sniff!”

“Can you smell the delicious aroma coming from this book? It’s time for afternoon Tea...Slurrrp!”

Meet Buddy. He loves food, food and more food. But he’s not just a hound on a scrounge – Buddy has a wonderful true story about afternoon tea that he would love to share with you.

“I hope you can join me...ooh, but hurry! They’re bringing out the food...Woofety Woof! 


Purchase Links 

UK - https://www.amazon.co.uk/Hound-Scrounge-Choice-Award-Winner-ebook/dp/B0B1VZYCJZ/


 US - https://www.amazon.com/Hound-Scrounge-Choice-Award-Winner-ebook/dp/B0B1VZYCJZ/



Author Bio

I have always loved children’s books and, after studying various picture book courses, I decided to take the plunge and write my own. Hoping to educate and entertain, as well as involve the young reader, my debut also includes a bit of history. When I’m not writing, I enjoy taking the real Buddy hound on long walks and spending time with my family. I also love to bake, sing and paint but sadly, I have not mastered doing all three at the same time!


Social Media Links 

https://www.instagram.com/Mariabucci_author/


https://maria-bucci.com/book/hound-on-a-scrounge/

Comments