Granny’s Cat

 

 Granny’s Cat

by Jessica Parkin 



This is another book in the Tilly’s Tales series. I love these books because they are simplicity done perfectly when it comes to helping young children understand the world around them. 


In this book Tilly wants to play with Granny’s cat but the cat isn’t so keen. The book helps children understand that animals need space and time. A simple but important lesson. 


Through the story we learn what happens when you frighten an animal and also how to behave in a way that will keep everyone happy and safe. 


The illustrations are simple and I like that the backgrounds are plain white. They are not overwhelming and tell the story even without the words. 


I wanted to take this book in to my nursery class but at the moment little bookworm won’t let it go (so I’m going to have to sneak it out). 


We were gifted the book as part of the book tour. 

Comments