Audiobook Round Up

 Audiobook Round Up 



I recently started listening to audiobooks - I was unsure at first but after taking a chance I can’t believe I waited so long.

My commute to work and those evenings spent working are so much better now. My commute used to be a time when I replayed every detail of the day or stressed about how much there was to do. Audiobooks have changed that and I love it!!! 


Here are some of the audiobooks that I have listened too so far and loved: 

Daisy Darker 

By Alice Feeney 



3 Words: gripping, mystery, surprise 

Mini Review:

I really enjoyed this book - it was very well narrated. The narrator was clear and the speed was well balanced. 

The book definitely took me by surprise - There we’re plenty of characters who I thought were responsible but I was still kept guessing. 

There were interesting twists and I liked the flash backs mixed in with the present. It added depth to the story and the characters. 

This is the first book I have read/listened to from the author and I am now keen to try others.

The Wednesday Morning Wild Swim

By Jules Wake



3 Words: funny, motivational, heartfelt

Mini Review:

This book was a wonderfully lighthearted, feel good read. There were some more serious elements in the reasons that each person swam but these were addressed with sensitivity and still maintaining the overall lightness of the story. 

A welcome distraction from the stress of the world. 

The narrator was excellent- her voice was clear and she was very easy to listen to.

The House Sitter

By Ellery Kane



3 Words: suspense, flashbacks, revenge

Mini Review:

This story had a gripping plot, well written characters and an excellent narrator. 

I thoroughly enjoyed this book - the way that different characters stories intertwined, the use of different time frames to build up the back story and current events. These followed well and were not over used in a way that made them confusing. 

The plot is very clever - I definitely thought it was going to go in a different direction at the start and the end. Always the sign of good writing when you can’t fully work things out but you have enough of an idea to guess and not be frustrated. 

The narrator was easy to listen to and very clear.

Every Little Secret

By Sarah Clarke



3 Words: gripping, dark, family

Mini Review:

The characters in this book were very well written and the way that the story unfolded with each chapter kept you guessing where it was going. The use of flash backs was equally well used especially as they often lead you down the wrong thought path - keeping the truth hidden for as long as possible. 

It also meant that my opinion of the characters was ever changing as I learnt new things and also questioned what I had thought previously. 

An excellent plot. 

Trigger warnings - abduction, domestic violence, sexual assault, addiction

The Cousins

By Karen M McManus



3 Words: family, suspense, flashbacks

Mini Review:

I really enjoyed this book and am looking forward to reading more by this author. 

I had no idea of the plot twist that would be thrown at me. And it was a fantastic one. 

The characters were very well written and I really felt like I knew them as the story progressed.

Comments