Let The Game Commence by David Palin



 Let The Game Commence 

By David Palin 



Book Tour Organised by @lovebookstours

This book took me quite by surprise - I wasn’t expecting it to be as intense as it was. There was a lot of emotion and tension that just kept coming the more you read. It was a very intriguing plot - cleverly written and well thought through. There were twists that I couldn’t have anticipated. 


The story centres around the residents of MerryKing Close and their less then heaven worthy activities. 


Arthur Du Fuss has led a solitary life since the death of his wife. As his neighbours have continued with their lives ignoring him and his pain, he has watched them. Watched them closely and plotted a revenge that is truly a work of engineering genius. 


Aided by the rather slimy Seep Stoehlheim - lawyer and in many ways debt collector.  Mr Du Fuss sets in motion the demise of those around him. But will it bring him the peace he wants and needs? 


The residents of MerryKing Close are a mixed bag of characters - the one thing they all seem to have in common is secrets. 


The start of the book took me a while to get my head around - there were memories and thoughts that mingled with the present day story. Once I got my head around this it was easy to flit between them fitting the pieces together and as the story progressed they offered glimpses into the characters and depth which made the story all the more interesting. 


There were several points where I felt the story was coming to a close and then there would be a new chapter and another gripping piece would be revealed. It just kept giving. 


There’s an element of the paranormal within the story and a definite nod to the downfall that becomes us when we let greed take over. There’s no happy ever after within the pages of this book but it is definitely one to read.  


I read it in a day - grabbing every chance I could to pick it back up and struggling to put it down when I had to do something. 


Comments