Gavin and The Body Snatchers by Michael A Duffy




 Gavin and The Body Snatchers 

by Michael A Duffy 

Book Tour Organised by: @hyggebooktours

Review: 

I simply loved this book - I didn’t want the drama to end. 


A cross between mafia crime and pure slap stick - the characters really draw you in and I couldn’t help becoming invested in them and their plans. 


Gavin Hargreaves is down on his luck, is entrepreneurial spirit hasn’t really seen him right, he’s found himself in a job where his boss will do anything to make life miserable for others for his own enjoyment and his wife has gone off with a lower league football player. 


Things couldn’t get worse - could they? When Gavin’s son shows him a new comedy app ‘Disposals Inc’ on his phone it seems like a great laugh to pretend they can get rid of the treacherous Bryce Brimstone (horrible boss and horrible brother). After all it’s only a game! 


But when Disposals Inc take on the job their crack team of professionals come up against an unlikely gang of assassins. 


This begins a comedy of errors that had me laughing out loud. 


All of the characters in this story were marvellous in their own way but I think Bob was my favourite character of all - he made me think of my own relatives (not that they used to go around shooting people or with sticks of dynamite). He has such a care free charm about him. Stuck in his ways but with hysterical, if not some times disastrous outcomes. 


I can’t not imaging how the author came up with the plot for this story. There are so many elements and events in the story yet they all play a part and each one is somehow linked to more events. Nothing is a wasted comment in the story and I love how the author uses narration to hear the characters inner thoughts. 


I could not help imagine the story as a slap stick film from days gone by and think it would be pure genius as a stage play. A cautionary tale about greed and being careful what you wish for. 


I highly recommend this book to anyone who is looking for something to take their mind off the stress of day to day - if you feel overwhelmed take comfort in knowing you aren’t trying to dispose of and then get back the body of your ex boss! Take a trip to Drabbleton with this unlikely band of heroes - you will laugh , you may cry but mostly you will laugh a lot. 







Comments

Post a Comment