The Maid by Nita Prose

 The Maid by Nita Prose 


Molly is a Maid at the Grand Regency Hotel - she goes unnoticed by most but sees so much. 


Molly is such a likeable character - I could picture her as I read, her mannerisms, her expressions and her innocence in seeing the good in everyone. There were other characters who caused me to change my opinions throughout sometimes multiple times. 


I like the way that the book is set out in days but there are a lot of flashbacks that all add to the picture of the story and the characters. That little by little approach was brilliant and I felt that it really added to the story telling. 


With each new chapter we discover some new fact that changes the course of the story. There are moments of suspense where you fear for Molly, there are moments where you find yourself laughing along almost like a romantic comedy where the girl gets revenge on the one who has treated her badly. But there were also moments of pure sadness that I had not expected. 


This really is a book that has you guessing right until the very last page. Just when you think you have it all worked out there’s something new to discover. 


Brilliantly written - a definite must read - order now. 

Comments